Golden Health Initiative Symposium
This event is open to all students and community.
There is a Town Hall Meeting from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm in the Fusion on First building. This will include Community Based Organizations, healthcare providers, technology partners, and policy makers.
This speakers and panel events starts at 9:00 am on Wednesday February 8, 2023 at A.E. England which is across the park from the Fusion building.
Moderated by Josh Young, (U.S. Vets.)
- 9:00 – 10:00 Military Transition – Shawn Banzhaf (Executive Director Pat Tillman Center), Bob Beard (Imagination Project ASU)
- 10:15 – 11:15 Strong Veteran’s Act – Panel discussion – Micael Welsh (Deputy Director, Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care System); Kelly Mills, MSW (Director of Military and Veteran Outreach, Office of U.S. Senator Krysten Sinema of Arizona)
- 11:30 – 12:30 Break
- 12:45 – 1:45 Behavioral, Mental Health & Suicide Prevention – Thomas Winkel (Director, Arizona Coalition of Military Families), – Dr. Louis Chow PhD. (Co-Chair of Diversity Committee Home Base), Jim Dunn (Arizona Director of National Association of Mental Illness)
- 1:45 – 2:15 Homeless Vets – panel VA care coordinator/National Coalition for Homeless vets – Carole L. Benedict, M.Ed, LPC (Executive Director, U.S. VETS Prescott), Jennifer Geearges (Executive Director, U.S.VETS Phoenix)
- 2:15 – 3:15 Veteran Health & Wellness Panel – Moderated panel discussion social media and technology innovations for veteran support – Matt Mclette (VP Clinical Services, NeuroFlow), Col. Rodd Marcum MD Command Surgeon 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Ret. (VA Prescott) Andrew Jones, (Arizona Chapter President, Merging Vets and Players)
- 3:30 – 4:30 Veteran education and post military career service: Dan Futrell (CEO Pat Tillman Foundation), Michelle Loposky (Director Strategic Partnerships. Pat Tillman Veteran Center), HyeJung Park (Pat Tillman Scholar and ASU graduate)
- 6:00 – 9:00 MVP Community Workout at Arizona State Prep Academy (see below)
Please join us for the Merging Vets and Players (MVP) Phoenix Super Bowl Community Workout February 8, 2023 at 6:00 pm. Its free and open to everyone over 18. Learn more and sign up at https://mvpphoenixsb.eventbrite.com/. The event is in collaboration with Golden Health Initiative, hosted by ASU and the Pat Tillman Veteran’s Center. Our workout will be led by the amazing coaches from Liberty Performance Training.
This speakers and panel event starts at 9:00 am on Saturday February 11, 2023 at The Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 111 E Taylor St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- 9:00 – 9:30 Introduction videos – Richard Golden, CEO, Golden Health Initiatives – Agenda Overview
- 9:30 -10:15 – Social Determinants of Health Panel – Student poverty, food insecurity, physical, social and behavioral healthDr. Judith Karshmer, Ph.D., (Dean, Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation and Chief Wellness Officer, Arizona State University)
- 10:15-11:15 Exposing Ed Tech Promises: Strengthening Blended Practices to Improve Student Mastery and Ensure High-Level Access for All – Megan Grothman,( Director of Mathematics Innovation with ASU Prep)
- 11:15 – 12:30 Lunch Break
- 12:30 -1:15 Social Determinants of Health Technology Presentation – Louise Wasilewski, (CEO Acivilate)
- 1:30 – 200 Promotora model and community outreach – Training and utilizing engaged parents to identify and enroll students and their families in Medicaid in the community and schools (k-University) – Lonnie Jones (Founder and CEO , Women’s Health Coalition)
- 2:15 – 3:30 Policy – How Pennsylvania is changing the model delivery model for its entire k-12 population – PA Legislative Delegates: Senator Marty Flynn, Senator Jimmy Dillon, Senator Chris Gebhard, Representative Aaron Kaufer, Representative Ryan Bizzarro
- 3:45-4:30 Equity of Access to Care – How Utah is delivering physical, social and behavioral health through state programs and community-based organizations. Craig Noonan (President, 19Labs)
Golden Health Initiative State delegations meetings at Cronkite Executive Conference Room by invitation.